Wednesday, April 21, 2010

One with the water...........


I have started to swim again.  When I was younger I was on a swim team.  I still remember going to my first meet and diving before the gun sounded and got a yellow slip and was disqualified.  I have added swimming laps into my workout routine at least 2x a week.  Let me tell you,  it is tough!  I love being in the water, I have no pain and I feel so free.... I feel "One with the water".  It relaxes me like yoga relaxes people.  I usually do the breast-stroke, back-stroke, freestyle and  run in the water!!!  I encourage you to add swimming to your workout routine!  I am halfway to my goal so I am changing things up a bit so I don't slam into a plateau.  I swim for 30-40 minutes, then just like I do  after every workout I spend 10-15 minutes in the steam room.  The steam room is amazing. I posted a link below so you can understnad the benefits of the steam room!

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-health-benefits-come-from-using-a-steam-room.htm

No comments: